1. I’m a 24 year old third year part-time mature student majoring in Psychology, but I also enjoy English and Philosophy. I spend most of my days working full-time at the Saint John Regional Hospital as a Nursing Unit Clerk (fancy title for Unit Secretary), or studying in my cozy, little two bedroom apartment in Rothesay. When I have a beautiful thing called spare time, I try to spend as much of it as I can with my family and friends. I can honestly say I am never bored, as there is always something to fill my time. I consider myself to be an efficient person when it comes to completing what needs to be done and sometimes a bit meticulous in the sense that I will not give up on a task until it is just right! Most people say they consider me to be a pretty laid back and [an] easy going person for the most part as I am not easily stressed because I believe worrying won’t solve anything. Above all, I believe there is great importance in hearing what others have to say as much as it is important to be heard, which is why I think I would be perfect for this position!
2. This is my first time running for UNB’s SRC; however I was the grad class president in 2006 for Simonds High School.
3. Balancing a full-time job, classes and a social life doesn’t leave a whole lot of time for many extracurricular activities; however, I was a member of the “Buddies Program” during my first and second year here at UNBSJ.
4. I want to represent all of UNBSJ’s mature students whether they are studying full-time, part-time, starting over, in it for the long haul, returning from taking some time to figure things out, or balancing work, school and/or a family. These situations can be tough and I would love to help along the way wherever I can.
5. More parking and vending machines for everyone! Just kidding…I really haven’t encountered any mature student related issues so far, but if any are brought to my attention I would certainly handle them to the best of my abilities if I am elected.
6. I would have to say Alfred, Lord Tennyson, [is] my favorite poet. He may not have had the most glamorous of lives and certainly was not the best looking guy around, but I think to be able to write like that would be more than enough.