It’s that time of year. Temperatures are plummeting and it’s becoming increasingly difficult for stray animals to find food, let alone shelter.
The SPCA is a non-profit organization dedicated to caring for stray and unwanted animals in Saint John, and can especially use our help during these upcoming winter months.
That being said, the Baron will be accepting donations of pet supplies at our office from November 12th until November 28th. All donations will be dropped off to the SPCA on December 1st.
Donations can be dropped off to the Baron office, located on the second floor of the Thomas J. Condon Student Centre (suite 230). If there is nobody in the office, please leave donations in the box left outside the door.
We ask that all cash donations are given directly to the SPCA, via their website or during their business hours.
Items in high demand at the SPCA are as follows:
· Canned cat food – Pet Store brands, Our Compliments, President’s Choice Nutrition First, Fancy Feast
· Canned kitten food – Pet Store brands, President’s Choice Nutrition First
· Powdered kitten formula – KMR or Just Born
· Canned dog food – Pet Store brands, Our Compliments, President’s Choice Nutrition First
· Pill Popper treats for dogs
· Beefy marrow bones for dogs found at Pet Stores and the Bulk Barn
· Peanut butter and Cheeze Whiz
· Buckle collars for medium to large dogs
· Bags of stove pellets (used for litter)
· Pet shampoo from Pet stores or Veterinarian Clinics
· Gift cards from Pet Stores, Costco, Superstore, Sobeys, Wal-Mart and Canadian Tire
· Paper towel
· Disposable medical gloves, sizes M, L and XL
· Contractor’s size garbage bags
· Hand sanitizer
· Toilet paper
For more details, email Editor-in-Chief Jenna Albert at firstname.lastname@example.org.