It’s officially November, folks! Time for every local business and franchise to break out their holiday merchandise and candy cane flavoured beverages, so that we’ll be sick of it all by the time the holidays actually roll around. Hooray! To keep you entertained through the week of impending holiday madness, here are all of the events happening on and off campus.
- Representative Election Campaigning: October 30th – November 3rd, UNBSJ campus. This week, Harley Harrity and Adanna Ogunka will be campaigning for the positions of Arts Representative and International Representative, respectively. Keep your eyes peeled for their posters and watch for them around campus! More information will be made available at a later date.
- Ann Eriksson Reading: November 2nd, 7:00pm, Hazen Hall Lecture Theatre. Author Ann Eriksson will be reading from her book, The Performance, as a part of the Lorenzo Reading Series. Refreshments will be provided and a Q&A session will follow.
- Pauline Dakin Reading: November 5th, 2:00pm, Saint John Free Public Library. Author Pauline Dakin will be reading from her book, RUN, HIDE, REPEAT: A Memoir of a Fugitive Childhood, at the Saint John Free Public Library this Sunday. All are welcome to attend, and admission is free.
- Chop Chop: October 30th – November 5th, Uptown Saint John, Various Restaurants. This week, various restaurants in the Uptown Saint John area will be providing special two-course lunches and three-course dinners for all restaurant goers who request the Chop Chop menu item(s). Dinner includes dessert.
- Cost: $12 for a Chop Chop plate, $15 for two-course lunch, $35 for three-course dinner.
If you know of any other events happening this week, or of events happening in the future, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to have it published as part of the Event Roundup. Graphics and/or posters are encouraged.