The results of the UNB-SRC 2022-2023 General Election were released at the beginning of this week.
- President and CEO: Devin Debly won with 72 (92.3 per cent) votes in favour and six (7.7 per cent) against.
- Vice-President External: Ridhima Dixit won with 72 (91.1 per cent) votes in favour and seven (8.9 per cent) against.
- SASE Representative: Madison Worth stays in the position with 44 votes (52.4 per cent), four more votes than Sungmok Lee who had 47.6 per cent of the votes.
- Arts Representative: Jillian Smith won with 77 (93.9 per cent) votes in favour and five (6.1 per cent) against.
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Representative: Sarah Mahmood won with 74 (93.7 per cent) votes in favour and five (6.3 per cent) against.
- Two-term Senate: Madison Worth won with 73 (89 per cent) votes in favour and nine (11 per cent) against.
Students can see more information about the results in MyUNB Intranet, following the same process to vote.
Extremely low turnout
Out of 2440 students, only 87 voted, representing 3.6 per cent of the student body. The turnout has gone down by 108 voters when comparing the results between the Fall 2021 By-Election results and this election’s results.
There was a low turnout for candidates as well, with several positions remaining unfilled with the end of this year’s election.