Looking for a free new computer? Then this is the giveaway for you.
The UNB Information Services & Systems (ISS) has a limited number of used Dell Windows 10 and Apple computers that they are giving away to students in financial need.
Computers will include a basic operating system, a USB keyboard, a mouse, and a power cable.
Heather Stafford, the Student Success Coordinator, and Financial Aid officer at UNB Saint John, highlights an important note about this giveaway saying “these are not laptops but desktops and all-in-one computers from the computer lab. This year it is just desktop computers because the laptop stock was diminished during COVID with so many staff and faculty working from home.”
- must be a full-time undergraduate student (three or more courses per term or considered a full-time student if registered with the Accessibility Centre two courses or six credit hours)
- must have a demonstrated financial need (as per budget sheet)
- must be in good academic standing (2.0 GPA or higher)
Due to the limited number of computers to give away, your eligibility and application does not guarantee you will receive a used computer. Eligible applicant names will go into a lottery pool from which names will be drawn at random.
Students can easily apply for this giveaway in three simple steps:
Step One: Complete the budget sheet here.
Step Two: Read and sign the “release” page before submitting your application.
Step Three: Attach a copy of your unofficial transcript.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Due to the expected volume of applications, only those successful in the draw will be notified.
- Application deadline: Sunday, February 5, 2023.
- Applications are accepted online only.
- Computers are awarded as is, any upgrades or software additions are the responsibility of the recipient.
Where the idea came from:
Heather Stafford explains the origins of this program saying it “… has been running the past, and when ISS does their computer lab upgrades to their desktop computers every 4 years they prefer to donate the old computers to UNB Saint John students who have a financial need.”
Stafford also emphasized why Student Services and ISS are so passionate about continuing this initiative, “Whenever there is an opportunity to give back to our students, I believe not just Student Services and ISS, but all departments will do what they can to assist with the process needed. Our students are what make our campus such a wonderful place and I believe all the faculty and staff would agree that we truly do care and would like to help students when we can!”
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity
Don’t forget to submit your applications before February 5, 2023, and good luck to all students that apply for this amazing giveaway!