Image courtesy of Kjeld Conyers-Steede.
We’re officially one month in! October promises to be a spooktacular time filled with turkey dinners, costume parties, (midterms), candy, and more! Here’s your essential guide to everything happening at UNBSJ (and off campus) during the first week.
Clubs & Societies:
- Golden Key Society’s Multi Mini Interview Simulation: October 3rd, 5:30 – 6:30pm OR 6:45 – 7:45pm, Hans Klohn Commons (Upper Floor). Join the Golden Key Society’s UNBSJ representatives and participate in simulated multi mini interviews. These sessions will prepare students for real life interviews of a similar nature.
- Additional Information: BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Contact email@example.com.
(Image courtesy of Golden Key Society)
- Computer Science Society Game Night: October 6th, 6:00 – 9:00pm, Whitebone Lounge. Come and join your fellow faculty members for a thrilling game of Operation, Yahtzee, Battleship, or any of your other favourite games! Take advantage of this opportunity to meet and mingle with your classmates.
- UNBSJ Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner: September 10th, 12:00pm, Baird Dining Hall. Chartwells will be providing their annual turkey dinner the day after Thanksgiving, i.e. next Tuesday (after the long weekend). Serving will begin at lunch time and continue throughout the day, while supplies last.
- Open Mic (for poetry & short fiction): October 5th, 7:00 – 10:00pm, AX Arts & Culture Centre. Calling all creative writers! The AX: Arts & Culture centre in Sussex is hosting an open mic for poetry and short fiction. All ages and skill levels are welcome to attend and/or participate, and all readings must be no more than five minutes. The AX open mics are hosted by local authors; this week’s will be hosted by Jane Simpson.
- Live Music: October 7th, 10:30pm – 2:00am, Pepper’s Pub. Bands ER & The Other, Ornament & Crime, and Tooth & the Fang will be performing at Pepper’s Pub this Saturday.
- Admission: $6
(Image courtesy of ER & the Other)
NOTE: Due to the impending long weekend, this week’s Event Roundup extends to October 10th rather than the 9th. The next Roundup will be published on October 11th.
If you know of any other events happening this week, or of events happening in the future, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to have it published as part of the Event Roundup. Graphics and/or posters are encouraged.